Thursday, January 5, 2012

~Resolution Schmezolution~

Each year I think of the many things I'd like to change about myself or add things to do to the list of my New Year's Resolutions.  I for the most part will keep up for a short time but that's about it.  I fall off of the proverbial wagon within a month or so.  Come to think of it, I can only stand change for about that long in the first place before I revert back to my old ways.  The realization of the New Year being upon us and what I would like to resolute about, I've refrained.  I hate to fail.  It frustrates me to no end.  Therefore, I've decided not to proclaim a New Year's Resolution at all. 


The definition of a Resolution is a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.  The definition of a Goal is the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.


So... I've decided to make a list of goals instead with the hopes that I will actually follow through with it. 

  1. Read my Bible every day.
  2. Pray every day.
  3. Forgive quickly.
  4. Love my family.
  5. Live life with a stronger purpose.
  6. Work on building and maintaining relationships with others rather than the social media way.
  7. Keep stress at a minimum.
  8. Do well in school
  9. Take away distractions that are not needed.
  10. Work on being less messy and more organized.
  11. Get to the gym at least 3 days a week and work towards a healthier lifestyle.
  12. Lose 30 pounds.
  13. Finish the next 2 semesters strong by knocking out at least 20 credits.
And there you have it.  My list for 2012.  I may add to it.  I may subtract from it.  Either way, I plan to stick with it.



No comments: