Wednesday, April 15, 2009

~Day 1 of 30~

Well, today got off to a slow start. It was still difficult to get outta bed... I dislike my alarm clock at times, but I gathered all my things and out the door I went. I stopped by Starbucks and purchased my *Venti Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Chai* (LOVE IT!) and over the tracks I went. Right in to Sun City West for my overtime shift.

The very first goal for my 30 day challenge that I was able to meet was that I was at work no later than 07:15. Now shift change is at 08:00. About a year ago I got in the rut of showing up no earlier than 07:50. Some people would say I wasn't late and during that time, I agree. In the fire service when someone has to pick up a oh... let's say 07:45 call, I'm not there to take it. They end up off shift at 09:00. Kinda jerkish. Well, I'm well on my way to get back into my 07:00 routine! I'm sure the person I relieve would appreciate my promptness... as well as ME!

It's the little things, right?!

So far the day has been uneventful at work. I have been able to ponder more of the things I want to accomplish and the things I need to do in the next 30 days. I have a list that is growing by the hour!

In a way, it is fun and exciting. In other ways, I dread some conversations hoping they don't go wrong. I mean, honestly; what do you say to someone whom you haven't spoke to in years? What do you say to someone who isn't willing to hear your hurts, the ramifications of their actions because it hurts them, but you NEED to say them? Not that you're hashing the past or saying things you shouldn't... just being able to get out why you've closed off and built those impossible walls for them to climb. How do you truly forgive? Why is it that you think you've forgiven someone but you still hurt? Are we able to truly forget?

Anyway, it's almost 3pm and I still have to make it over to the gym and do my Bible study. The biggest thing is to S.O.A.P. when I'm finished... which is also part of my goal.

No comments: