Thursday, September 18, 2008

~I think I can. I think I can.~

So, I went running with my old but new running partners last night. One of the girls in particular and I ran a lot in high school. We kept each other motivated and in check, if you will, as we were very competitive not only with us, but with the entire WORLD! We have a lot of fun together. We are a lot alike. We are cousins. Should've been sisters. Best friends.
I have been telling her that I REALLY need to be working out and she informs me that she did just that yesterday with her newest running partner. She told me to 'just come over and do it' last night so I could get my fitness on. I took them up on the offer thinking the new girl would be a little slower so that I didn't have to feel like a TARD running next to my wonder woman cousin.
We lace up our shoes and off we go. As we were jogging I was thinking, "Not bad.... good pace. I can do this." As we rounded the quarter mile, we stopped for a small breather. Now mind you, I HATE running these days as I'm probably the most out of shape that I've ever been in my ENTIRE life. Shortly we were all challenged by the 'new girl' to pick back up the pace...
Alright! Here we go! I'm now thinking that soon enough she'll get tired, I just know it!
We slow it down again...
We run again.
slower...
RUN!
Now.... This whole time I'm thinking that I HAVE to beat the new girl! I can't stop before her!! I'm feeling the burn... I'm feeling a small pain in my side... in my foot... in my EVERYTHING.
Did I mention that I HATE running these days?!
So the new girl is starting to feel a little tired but the run is now over. My cousin turned over the dog leash to the new girl and cautioned her not to run as the dog will eventually run her. Why, you ask? Because she's all of 30 pounds.
She's my Sarah... My darling... My 4 year old niece!
Watch out London 2012! Here comes Sarah Wood!




No comments: