Thursday, June 5, 2008

~So Sleepy~

I have just passed the halfway point of my 72 hour straight shift... I know, I'm nuts for doing it and it's my fault that I'm running out of energy but hey! I'm doing well otherwise!

I read my daily reading and the scripture that stood out for me was from Acts 3:12-15
12 Peter saw his opportunity and addressed the crowd. “People of Israel,” he said, “what is so surprising about this? And why stare at us as though we had made this man walk by our own power or godliness? 13 For it is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—the God of all our ancestors—who has brought glory to his servant Jesus by doing this. This is the same Jesus whom you handed over and rejected before Pilate, despite Pilate’s decision to release him. 14 You rejected this holy, righteous one and instead demanded the release of a murderer. 15 You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. And we are witnesses of this fact!


I couldn't imagine what life was like then. To be an unbeliever of Christ, rejecting Him and watching Him die, to be resurrected before my very eyes and continuing the same miracles He did as before, how heavy my heart would feel. On the same hand, to be a witness of Him would be... well, I don't even know how to finish that sentence... just plain awesome. Even though He had gone to be with his Father by this time, it still would have been an amazing thing to witness!


Just like this crippled man, I see myself like him when it comes to my sins. We carry our burdens around daily. I know I do... and I know he is there just watching over me waiting for me to take His hand and 'get up and walk'. Psalm 55:22 tells us, 'cast your burden upon the Lord and he will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.' Jesus frees me from all my burdens. The rest that He promises is love, healing and peace with God, not the end of all labor. My relationship with God changes meaningless, wearisome toil into spiritual productivity and purpose.


I pray that I continue to look to Him when my burdens are heavy. So that I may walk and leap and dance and PRAISE God for what He's done for me... Amen

No comments: