Thursday, February 7, 2013

~Too Much Work~


Last night was frightening.  I got home from work at a quarter 'til 2, laid down and immediately began to have incredible abdominal pain.  Let me tell you what... GOOGLE is not your friend!  By the time I put my phone down, I was convinced I was experiencing an ectopic pregnancy, all the while, trusting it to be THE worst gas pains I've ever experienced!  I'm not sure when, but one of these days I'll relax and let things just happen. 
 
I woke up and all seemed OK.  Today is day 4 that I've known to be pregnant, a week and a day if I was a patient woman to correctly read my previous pregnancy tests... it's the furthest I've ever been.  This is good news!  Today is also the day that I get my HCG level tested from the 314 that I had on Wednesday.  I'm hoping for a 628 or greater!! 
 
Well... My number was 476.  Not at all what I was expecting but it IS traveling in the 'right' direction...  My Dr. called me about an hour and a half after my lab draw and discussed my value with me.  She is afraid it is one of 4 things... an ectopic pregnancy, an impending miscarriage, a chromosomal abnormality or a 10% chance that it would be a normal pregnancy.  Unfortunately, my history leads her to believe that it's one of the first two, although I've never had an ectopic pregnancy before.  
 
She has me scheduled for another blood draw on Monday.




No comments: