Wednesday, February 6, 2013

~This is Concerning~






I called off today. 
 I thought about my day and after lying down for the night, it wasn't until then that my 'discomfort' started to fade away. I woke up and called my Dr. to see if I could get in to see her and luckily I was able to score a 10:40 appointment. I called work and let them know I wouldn't be in. 
I was really excited to let Dr. Shaw know about the pregnancy as we've seen her pretty much the whole year last year in hopes of finding answers to our issues with getting pregnant. Prior to seeing her we were told that we were "young" and "nothing is wrong, it just takes some time for some people." That wasn't good enough for me... something wasn't right. We had never known we were pregnant for more than 48 hours. Each time led to a miscarriage and incredible heartbreak. Today is 48 hours... We've made it farther along than before!!
I show up at the Dr. office and left a sample for them to test. When Dr. Shaw came into the room, she said, "Well, THIS is the BEST news of the day!" It was refreshing to hear her so excited. I sat there telling her the story of this particular pregnancy starting from the 4th dose of clomid to the dates of ovulation and the test... her face was telling me that she wasn't very pleased with the information that I was telling her. She then told us that based on what I've said, she would expect to see a 'brighter' line and that this is not looking to be good news. She wasn't totally saying this was bad but I left the office incredibly worried.

 I went in for my first HCG level.  It came back at 314.  Totally low but Dr. Shaw wants to see what the numbers do in 2 days.

Crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, legs, and whatever I can cross until then.

No comments: