Thursday, January 12, 2012

~This Is JUICY!~

I did it.  I broke down and bought a juicer...  Shhhh! Don't tell the Husband!  I've done a ton of research online about juicing and what juicers people are using, and all of the juicers I found had a price tag of $300-$450!!  So what I was trying to do instead was blending.  I would strain out the juice in a strainer then put a bowl the same size and squeeze all that I could out before discarding the pulp.  I wasn't comfortable with the discard.  There was still SO MUCH and even juicy but I couldn't for the life of me get more juice.  At one point I saved the pulp to re-blend and get more nutrients out but all it gave me was the extra water I used to try and blend it in the first place.  Throwing out the discard to me was throwing out nutrients, money I used to buy the veggies and MORE money because of the amount I had to use just to get the juice!  It wasn't working for me.

So... I purchased a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer that I found at Kohl's for $150. The best part? I went to Costco for more veggies and fruits but found the SAME juicer for $80!! I promptly turned around and returned the Kohl's one that I had purchased an hour before and went back and bought the Costco one.  SO worth it!!!  I got it home and before I put all of the veggies and stuff away, I made a drink.  I put an orange, strawberries and an apple and it extracted this ENTIRE glass full of YUMMY JUICE!!  I'm SO happy I have the juicer!  I would have used WAY more fruit to get that glass full by blending!

As far as my progress, today is day 4+ and I can't even begin to tell you all of the fantastic reasons why YOU should juice!!  I am feeling GREAT! and can't imagine stopping any time soon!  My skin looks great, my appetite is better and my headaches are GONE!  I still haven't eaten since lunch 4 days ago, well... except for the banana I had that night.  No sugar.  No caffiene.  No nuthin'!  Although, I gotta tell you... My brain has been playing dirty tricks on me!  The other day while sitting in the living room, I would have SWORN someone was baking fresh bread in the kitchen.  NEVER has there been bread baking in this house!  Yesterday morning I woke up and cuddled with Max.  HE smelled like a cheezy dorito!  Max hasn't had a bath since Thanksgiving and let me tell you... He DOESN'T smell like a dorito! 

No comments: