Friday, January 13, 2012

~Yeah BABY!~

Today is day 5 and I'm still going STRONG!  Especially since I bought the juicer yesterday.  I know it's not technically the right one but going from blending / straining to oxidized juicing.  Nonetheless, I'm pretty stoked! 

Last night I made the Green Juice from the documentary FS&ND and I think I messed it up.  I read somewhere that the skin has a ton of vitamins and nutrients and it's ok to juice the lemon whole but SOMETHING, maybe the kale or the lemon, made the juice bitter as heck that I had goose bumps while drinking every time.  I like lemons but maybe not as much as I thought I did.  I don't think I'll do the whole lemon next time since it only calls for 1/2 of one in the first place.

This morning I made a juice that required ginger, pineapple and watermelon.  It's SO GOOD!!  I seriously think I could do this juicing thing for a long time!  What better way to clean out and detox my body, re-start my palate, get healthier AND lose a few pounds while I'm at it?!  I can't think of a better way than juicing.  All thanks to Joe Cross, of course!   Now I just need to find out where working out comes in for me.  I'm getting used to the juicing and feeling stronger everyday.  I mean, it doesn't make you weak, it's getting used to juicing instead of over eating that makes you feel super weak initially.  I'm thinking it's going to happen within the next few days.  So excited to take this journey!  I feel great and can't wait to LOOK great!  

1 comment:

BF said...

Happy juicing! The one in your photo looks really good!