Tuesday, January 10, 2012

~Rockin' This!~


Google Images
I've completed the first day of this Juice Fasting experiment that I'm on, and let me tell ya... I'm feelin' gooooood!  Yesterday was day 1 (even though I snuck in my first juice drink for dinner the night before).  I was working, which I'm not sure is the smartest idea I've had so far because  I swear, I was a looney tune!  I felt quite sluggish, nevermind the fact that to me working in the ICU equals a Venti, Sugar Free Vanilla, Soy, Chai Tea; sometimes twice in a day, along with an occasional soda just to keep up!  That and take away my morning oatmeal and wrap of some kind for lunch.  I know, I'm a creature of habit.  It's ok!  I know what I like!  I did have quite a headache and it seemed that my actions took a little extra effort to do.  Even though I felt awkward, I stuck to my plan and had only my juice drink and water, the entire day.  I haven't eaten anything since my banana 2 nights ago and in the break room there stood a can of peanuts which imagined consuming. I WANTED to eat them but I didn't.  I'll be honest, the juice is good, but after drinking a few glasses, it's sometimes difficult to swallow it all down right now. 

In my quest to find more tasty options, after I got home from work I watched some You Tube videos of Joe the Juicer, and he mentioned to drink the fruit juices in the morning and the vegetable juices throughout the day.  I also have the desire to make a spicier drink later on today but this morning I made an orange, banana and frozen fruit smoothie (I know, it's a smoothie, not juice, but I'm blending, remember?).  It tasted more like italian ice cream!  It was SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!  If there are more drinks like that, I'm thinking that I will do well with this!  Currently my goal for juicing is for at least the first week.  If I feel good, I'll do 10 days.  If I'm still feeling like taking on this juicing thing, I'll go for 30 days.  If I'm STILL feeling great, I'll go for 60.  Don't worry... I think that would be my limit.



Scottsdale Healthcare Employee
Newsletter, January 2012
A few weeks ago, someone came into the ICU and asked me a few questions about what I was going to do to be healthy in 2012 and such.  I was taken back when she asked to take a photo and I quietly dismissed it thinking, "she won't use it. She'll find someone else's to use... and what is this FOR, anyway?!"  I never asked.  She had a SHC badge and I didn't give it much thought... until a dear sweet friend sent me a text message saying I was in the newsletter and this is the picture she sent with it!  I was slightly mortified.  I mean, REALLY?  How did I get to this point that my chunky mug is featured in the newsletter?!

Scottsdale Healthcare Employee
Newsletter, January 2012
So... If there's anything that lends me support to get through this fast, it will be my side pains, current lack of energy, foggy mind and the "brick house" that I'm sportin'.  The fact that I will lose weight is a bonus, not the reason why I'm juicing.  I am looking to cleanse and heal my body from the inside out and overall, have a healthier body.  I'm expecting my skin to look better, my body to function better and this annoying side pain to go away.  It's no secret that I need to make healthier decisions and by restarting my palate, allowing my tastebuds to desire healthier foods will help me make better decisions regarding my choice of foods.  Here's to DAY 2!


No comments: