Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's a LOVE Story, Baby, Just Say 'YES'!




4 years ago tonight, I was out on a date with someone I had met through an online service. This guy was very nice but not at all my type (go figure). We went to dinner and then ended up at Starbucks by 6:15, but he had a meeting to be at by 7.

6:50 rolls around and I look up and see a familiar face, a long time friend of mine, who I had met at a CPR Instructor Training class 10 years prior. He waves 'hi', says a few words, gathers his drink and out the door he walked. I admit, I was sad for the missed opportunity.

My 'date' and I walked out the door and what do I see?! My friend is sitting at a table reading a book.

I let my 'date' walk me to my car (because I didn't want to be rude), where I sat and called my mom while waiting for him to drive off. Once out of sight, I hung up the phone, gathered a few bucks, walked in and ordered a drink and went to the table and asked, "would you mind some company?"



6 hours later, still at the same table, I decided it was time to go home (I had to work the next day). We had exchanged numbers and said we'd meet up again in the near future.

It was only 2 days...

The rest, as they say, is history.

What a blessing you are to me, Josh. I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea. I couldn't have dreamed up a better friend, husband and soulmate for myself. You are my everything. I love you to the moon and back. XOXOXOXO



No comments: