Saturday, September 25, 2010

~Drum Roll, Please!~

I have been anticipating a budget meeting with Josh for months!  Since we've been married, he's maintained his bills while I've done mine.  Whenever we attempted to pull our finances together in the past, we would conclude that it's just better to do our own thing.  Every month though, we were finding that putting everything together would probably be better.  That was accomplishment #1. 

After I received the Dave Ramsey email announcing the Live event in Phoenix, I signed up for the free 30 day trial of the new and improved Dave Ramsey Website.  It allows me to put my information on the computer and it adds it right up!  No more downloading sheets to fill out and crunch the numbers. No more chicken scratch!  It was SO EASY!  I've since renewed and upgraded so we plugged in our debt combined (insert heart attack here), and voila!  Accomplishment #2.  We have our work cut out for us but let's just say, we are in debt to the tune of... *CENSORED*  

We're going to be busy but thankfully, per the trusty website, we will be debt free (minus the home) in less than 6 years!

Come on, 2016!


1 comment:

Michele Bennett said...

That is such great news to hear! I am currently working my debt snowball and am hoping to be out of debt in 15-18 months, depending on how my job search/interview process pans out in the next few weeks (income always helps that process)!!! :O)

I'm really encouraged to hear you all are working through it together! Andy and I are starting to talk about combined finances for the future and potential budget and sometimes it makes me want to pull my hair out, but I know it is necessary to keep things from getting crazy down the road!

Anyway, just wanted to say...I'm proud of you guys!!! Can't wait to see you in a month!!!!