Monday, September 21, 2009

~P90X Day 1~

Just before Josh and I left for Seattle, I ordered to have P90X shipped directly to me so I can get back into shape. It arrived the day we left and I had it in my hot little hands for 30 seconds before I had to leave.

As you may know, we got engaged on our trip. Needless to say, I have a whole 'nutha goal and that is to be in shape for my wedding day. I decided on the bright idea to do the first round of P90X before our engagement pictures, and have them done in time for our Christmas cards. Here's the thing, I have EXACTLY 90 days before the 2nd week in December... cutin' it close!

Josh brought me the package so that I could get started. I landed an overtime shift in the middle of an already 48 hour stent and still had my regular shift scheduled at the tail end... that's 96 hours straight of PURE FUN in EMS. Well, not really but... he brought me the goods to stay on track.

Tonight was 'Chest and Shoulders with the Ab RIPPER'

I started off trying to attempt the pull ups on the bars in the gym and quickly realized it was more of a leg workout. I was 'assisting' my pull ups so much it was ridiculous so I went to the bands. Going thru the first round of the workout, I felt good but tired. The second round I was plain POOPED! I literally saw stars and the lights were fading in my eyes that in between sets I sit still. I'd jump to the next exercise, pump it out and find the floor with my head to the mat. I was pushing myself to finish but ended up laying on my back and chillin out for the last 2 sets.

The Ab Ripper was next. I SUCKED at it. I was exhausted but tried to keep up as best as I could. One of the guys told me he usually does the workout in the morning and the ab workouts in the evenings to give him some time to rest and do a better job. Sounds like a plan to me!

My push ups were all on my knees but I did alright with my numbers. Can't wait to see how many I can do at the end of the 90 days AND on my toes!

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the program. It's almost like hanging out with some friends and doing a bunch of exercises, not even realizing how much work you're actually doing. It's hard work but well worth it!


No comments: