Friday, September 11, 2009

~Have Bags, Will Travel~

First of all, today is 9/11. I want to say THANK YOU to all of the men who are fighting for our freedom and their families who stand beside them.
Josh and I are headed to Washington State to spend time with his best friend Lee and his family. I am very excited to meet them and spend time there. Josh is quite the outdoors man and he asked me if I would rather get a hotel or sleep in a tent in the back yard as there is not much room for more company. I have to be honest, I've never really slept in a tent before but with him, I'd try almost anything. So we packed all our clothes... and bedding. =)
I'm such a girl, I packed my blow up mattress too.
After a long day of Paramedic refresher for me and a presentation Josh did for his mother, we successfully arrived at Sky Harbor to await our flight.
Once we got on the plane, I started to get uncomfortable. I got crampy in my legs and the dinner we ate decided to revolt. Luckily it was only a little.
Once we arrived in Seattle, I got to meet Josh's best friend Lee. He gives great hugs! Had a bit of a drive and could hardly keep my eyes open as it was almost midnight but got in the tent and settled in. Lee advised us we'd be getting up at 5am to start our day. I wanted to cry! =)
Can't wait!

No comments: