Saturday, April 18, 2009

~Day 4 of 30~

As I am progressing into my 30 day challenge, I find myself waking every day, trying to think of more things that I need to accomplish. It has been quite fun and exciting to live like I had 30 days left.

Again, I had some snags earlier today. I found myself reading into things that weren't there and causing some problems with Josh and I. It was very simple and I went off to never-never land and ended up feeling hurt, which totally wasn't needed. I kept thinking that I don't know why I'm feeling 'that' way but in retrospect, I know exactly why! I'm getting de-railed! Good thing is I'm catching on to it!

I made it to the gym and did the stair climber, it's not my favorite thing to do which is why I do it... Wandered around and decided to stretch and call it a day. (I know, LAZY!)

I had a birthday party to go to and I was out looking for a shirt to buy (since I couldn't think of a single shirt to wear out of my 4 closets full of clothes ;-) ), and I ended up saving the money because I didn't like a single thing I put on! I'm at a stage where I need to work out more and don't wanna buy anything since HOPEFULLY I won't fit it anyway!

Josh and I went to PVC for service. It was awesome! It was all about 'Speaing Sweeter" in the context of 'Living Like You Were Dying'. It is true, words are very powerful and I need to be more mindful of what comes out of my mouth. I used to speak without thinking and my mom would say to me that "Once you throw the ball, you can't go and catch it." I never understood that completely until I grew a bit older. Now I'm better, but I still 'jab' if you will, when I want to 'make it hurt' without too much coming out of my mouth. I do have a sarcastic side and realize this too is not how I should be speaking.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." Ephesians 4:29

Even though my words may not be foul or abusive, they can still be offensive. It is my desire to learn to control my tongue and truly get rid of the desire to say things I know I shouldn't because,

"For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." Matthew 12:34

Awesome...

No comments: