Tuesday, April 14, 2009

~30 Day Challenge~



I am involved in a great church. Our pastor and many other people inspire us to be better followers of our Savior Jesus Christ, and truly live as we are called to as christians. To be more responsible for our personal walk, other than depending on someone or something to fulfil that void.


We have been reading thru the Bible on a daily basis as a church body for almost a year and a half. It has truly transformed my relationship with God, my family and friends and has launched me into a deeper understanding of living this life without Him, doing things on my own... it's not going to work!


This past Easter Sunday, Pastor Greg started a new series called Live Like You Were Dying and asked us some questions that have been laying heavy on my heart since. "If the doctor told you, 'You have 30 days to live,' what would you do?" "Who would you forgive?" "What will you go do?" "What will be your legacy?" Of course during his wrap up, he asked us what we were waiting for since
"tomorrow isn't promised."
I have decided to take this 30 day challenge and see what it does for me spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally. Truly, to take care of unfinished business in my life HAS to lighten the load on these shoulders of mine! I already know many areas that need some work... Family life. Friends I haven't spoke to. My work relationships. In general, I have my work cut out for me and I feel that documenting my progress will keep me in 'check' and keep me going.
So, here's to the next 30 days... and the rest of my life.


Ephesians 5:8-14 "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."

No comments: