Monday, March 9, 2009

Deuteronomy 10-12; Mark 16

~S~

"Remember my words with your whole being. Write them down and tie them to your hands as a sign; tie them on your foreheads to remind you. Teach them well to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on your doors and gates so that both you and your children will live a long time in the land the LORD promised your ancestors, as long as the skies are above the earth." Deuteronomy 11:18-21 NCV

~O~

While the Jews were in Egypt, they saw the mighty power of God unleashed against Pharaoh and the nation as God sent one judgement after another that finally led to Israel's release. God's power not only ruined the land and destroyed Pharaoh's army, but it demonstrated that Jehovah was the true God and that all the gods and goddesses of Egypt were but dumb and powerless idols. The Jewish people saw the power of the Creator as He sent fire and hail, darkness, frogs and lice and even death, proving that He was in control of all things. He opened the Red Sea to allow Israel to escape, and then He closed the waters so the Egyptian army couldn't escape. He gave water from the rock and bread from heaven.

~A~

Even tho I do not worship idols like the story tells us, idols appear in many different forms. My job. My finances. My time. My talents and my treasures. Anything that keeps me from walking with the LORD, that takes my time from him, I believe is idolatry. "Your heart will be where your treasure is." Matthew 6:21 NCV

It is so easy to find myself fretting about things that are completely out of my control... as it should be. Having FAITH in Christ does not allow me to have my thoughts wandering into whatever they do because 'unbelief is a sin of the will; it's tempting the Lord and saying, "I will not trust the Lord and do what he commands me to do!" The ten unbelieving spies walked by sight, not by faith, and saw only the problems in the land.' If we complain along the way, we're only giving evidence that we do not trust God but think we know more than He does about what's best for us. When we come to those places in life, when we must claim what God has planned for us and move forward by faith, we must not rebel against God and refuse to trust and obey. If we do, we may find ourselves wandering through life, failing to accomplish what God has planned for us.

~P~

Dear Heavenly Father, Today may have started off difficult for me, but I know it's because I hadn't spent time with you yet, and I allowed my flesh to worry about the twist and turns of life. I truly believe that YOU are in control and there is no reason for me to become emotional at all. You led me into the current chapter I'm in and I KNOW you will see me thru, all for YOUR glory! It is not for me to know why, how or when these things have or will happen but embrace your mighty work in my life. Help me to not even think about what other people's actions may or may not have done to effect me. YOU are BIGGER than them! Lord, help me to remember YOUR works you have done. How MIGHTY and STRONG you are in comparison to ANYTHING. No matter what happens, YOU are in control. You have my best interests in mind, I must learn to TRUST you completely. Help me to remember your word and understand it when I read it as I can't do ANYTHING without you anyway. I give my life to you, each and every day... Allow me to grow in You and be a mighty servant for you. Thank you for putting people in my life who help remind me when needed to keep my focus on YOU and not me. Amen.

No comments: